Monday, May 17, 2010

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler - 2 Down, 168 To Go

Yikes! 168??? I'll not look at that number and instead relish the euphoria of actually starting this very long project. I had a very special amount of "free" time this weekend while my husband took our oldest camping, so baby sleep time equaled mommy quilt time. My first accomplishment? Two blocks for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. First, "54-40 or Fight."
No, the points don't line up, and yes, I've still not gotten the hang of piecing triangles, but HEY. It doesn't look half bad.













Second, "Album 1."
Yes, I'd forgotten how tricky cutting fabric for paper piecing can be (and there are a couple of edges where the seam allowance will be 1/8" when I put together the top) but, again, it looks pretty good! Yay me! Now, maybe I can be inspired by Robin, who with a two-week old baby has still managed to piece two blocks of her own sampler quilt, and stay motivated. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: