Thursday, February 4, 2010

Biscotti Part III


We've been in a "biscotti" mood around the house lately, so this is the third type I've made. I'm still playing with the butter/egg ratio I like best, but I thought these turned out tasty. They're called Butter Pecan, but I think they're more Butterscotch Pecan . . . not that there's anything wrong with that! I didn't have many butterscotch morsels left, so for the "drizzle" I ended up doing mostly white chocolate chips with a couple of tablespoons of the butterscotch ones, and I really dig the subtle butterscotch flavor. These are good even without a cup coffee (even though I'm off now to get myself a cup since this is day two of solid, rainy, cold, yuck weather). Oh, by the way, due to some circumstances (children) beyond my control, I wasn't able to monitor the cooking times as well as I'd have liked, so some of the biscotti broke apart. The good news? Biscotti crumbles make fabulous topping for ice cream. :-)

1 comment:

Robin said...

Oooo... never thought of that! They would be so awesome on ice cream. I need to find a good biscotti recipe. I've tried a couple, and they weren't bad, but they weren't stellar either.