Thursday, April 15, 2010

Paintbox Quiltalong - TGIFFF


Thank God I'm finally freakin' finished!  80 blocks is a lot, for someone like me, anyway (not like my friend Robin who's 9-months pregnant and still churning out a new quilt every day!).  I hate the constant feeling of being behind on something.  Of course, I have multiple UFOs (unfinished objects, for you non-quilty types), which only don't bother me any more because they've been out-of-sight/out-of-mind for so long, but with a quilt-along, there's added pressure.  Enough of the digression into my own guilt though . . . they're all pieced, and that's what matters!  I'll hope to trim up the blocks today and get to work on the sashing next.  I really do love the colors in these blocks, and hopefully you can see them all if my goal of getting a design wall put up this weekend comes to fruition.  I AM struggling a little with the sashing I purchased though; I'm worried it's too light.  I believe the aforementioned quilting goddess Robin said "bleh" or something to that concern - like there's no such thing as "too light," but I don't want to ruin my project by creating a contrast that just doesn't work. 
Here's the sashing with a few of the blocks (I deliberately picked a few of the darker blocks) . . . what do you think?




I really DO like the fabric since it has a subtle design that mirrors some of the fabrics in my blocks.  I don't know.  I know I don't like making decisions.  HELP!!  (BTW - I promise to get my camera connected to the computer so these pictures will be better - my phone just doesn't do these colors justice . . .)

1 comment:

Robin said...

Woo hoo! I knew you could do it! :) I've had my blocks done for a few weeks now, but haven't even started cutting into sashing. Right now, sewing just sounds hard!

Seeing your blocks on the white-on-white, I think your instincts may be right. It has a nice crisp look to it, but maybe something softer would be more up your alley. Like a cream or very light pink?