Monday, June 14, 2010

Blog, Sweet Blog

Please accept my gratuitous apologies for the lack of posts lately. I must admit a contributing factor is the overwhelming exhaustion (and resulting lack of motivation) I seem to struggle with at managing a home and two boys. I really am in awe of those parents who do this job well, un-medicated, and with sanity intact. Add to my usual challenges the time-consuming chore of looking for a job, and my choice has been to spend the few remaining hours of the day sleeping rather than creating likely incoherent blog posts at 1:00 am. To-date, the job search has not been successful, at least not in a traditional sense. I am, however, officially a freelance writer having published a handful of articles for a local article-mill. Glamorous? Absolutely not . . . but it very well may be the start of the job I've always hoped to have.

My spare time (and I really had to fight back hysterical laughter in response to that phrase) is spent searching for additional freelance opportunities and attempting to publish a professional-looking website, so, as you can see (and are now tired of hearing about), I just haven't made the time for blogging. Because I am officially famous now though and have no doubt will soon be in high demand, I have committed to blogging more regularly if for no other reason than to give potential employers a taste of my creative writing skills (and I have no doubt one look at my personal blog will have people lining up for my services! :-)). Nothing else really to report in my life right now other than having completed my first 5K and continuing training for what I hope will be an improved performance at 5K #2 in September. Some crafty and cooking-y projects are also in the works, as well. That is all for now . . . it is, after all, summer break, and I have a 4-yr old who's just dying to play Scrabble while the mobile-Scrabble-tile-eater is safely snoozing in his crib. TTFN!

3 comments:

Piececorps said...

Test

Robin said...

It sounds like you're keeping busy! (As if that is ever a problem for a mom of two!) :P Congrats on finishing your first 5k. That is so awesome!!!

katgirlsue said...

I love, love, love this one and can just see the whole scene. I was singing the words as you wrote them. Wish I could have been there! Again, another fabulous writing job!